Sunday, January 10, 2010

#1-Infected by Scott Sigler

I heard about this book while listening to the Grammar Girl podcast because Mignon Fogarty mentioned that the author, Scott Sigler, had published his novel originally as a podcast. I was rather intrigued and on a random trip to the bookstore I decided to pick it up. It sat on my bookshelf for months and then I finally decided to pick it up to begin my first official book for the big book read of 2010.
I'm a big horror fan and this one was a treat, for sure. It's something like a combination of The Hot Zone and an alien invasion story. I read the whole book in the space of two days. I literally fell asleep reading it the first night. To talk much about the plot would really potentially ruin the book for anybody interested, but I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is interested in fast-paced medical horror. There's a sequel that just came out in paperback and I figure that I'll pick it up in the next few months. While I really enjoyed this book I'm not sure that I am ready to dive in for more just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment