Saturday, May 15, 2010

Book #4 The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams

The Chosen One is a little book, but it was a hard book to read. The story focuses on the life of a young girl living in a polygamist community with her family, including her father and his three wives. To go into much more detail about the story would risk ruining the book for other people. I found it to be really difficult to read, especially, as the parent of a young girl. I'm sure that there could be a polygamist sect out there that isn't terrible and misogynistic, but I'm not sure how such a thing could exist.
Kyra's character was very well-developed in such a short book, I was really taken with her story the entire time. I will say that I was a bit disappointed as the book ended to not get to find out more about what happened after, but it is often that way with books that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment